The First Tee of West Virginia is a youth development organization introducing the game of golf and its inherent values to young people. Through after school and in school programs, we help shape the lives of young people from all walks of life by reinforcing values like integrity, respect and perseverance through the game of golf.
PROCEEDS BENEFIT THE YOUTH PARTICIPANTS IN GREENBRIER COUNTY
EVENT: Greenbrier Valley Open presented by: AT&T
DATE: Monday, September 10, 2018
TIME: 8:00am Registration | 9:30am Shotgun
FORMAT: 2 Best Ball Gross & Net
RAFFLE: 5 Tickets for $20, purchase on-site at registration
STAYING AT THE GREENBRIER: The First Tee of West Virginia has negotiated a discounted rate for our participants who wish to stay overnight on Sunday, September 9, 2018. The rate being extended is $199+++ (Taxes, Resort Fee & HPF | see below). Please note that upgrade fees may apply if you wish to stay in a different room type than the one being offered. Additionally, this rate is not able to be combined with any packages or offer advertised separately on the website.
— To make reservations, please call 855-359-8654 FOR assistance —
Valet Parking: $25 per night (lot) & $50 per night (garage) | Self Parking: complimentary
West Virginia State Taxes: 6% sales tax & 3% occupancy tax
Daily Resort Fee: $39.00 per room, per night (see inclusions)
Historic Preservation Fund (HPF): A Historic Preservation Fund of 6.5% is collected to preserve and protect landscapes, buildings, and amenities that have played a meaningful role in The Greenbrier’s past while carefully planning the continuous improvement for the future.
ABOUT THE SNEAD COURSE: Tom Fazio has created one of his finest designs, The Snead at The Greenbrier Sporting Club, named one of the country’s best golf communities. This par 71, 7,025-yard centerpiece of The Sporting Club, named in honor of the longtime Greenbrier golf professional emeritus and American icon, Slammin’ Sam Snead. The course is surrounded by three scenic mountains and offers challenging links for the most discriminating golfer. Fairways transition beautifully through natural meadows and rolling forested hills, with layouts that test every skill level. With wall-to-wall bentgrass throughout, The Snead is forgiving off the tee, but makes up for it with a defensive greens complex, ripe with false fronts and edges.
UPON ARRIVAL TO THE GREENBRIER SPORTING CLUB:
– Upon entry thru the gates, you will be asked to stop and unload your clubs near the Driving Range
– Proceed to The Lodge (straight ahead & on your right) where you will park and complete Registration
– Raffle tickets can be purchased and tee gifts will be given out at Registration
– The Driving Range & Putting Green will be available for all prior to the round
– The Greenbrier Sporting Club Staff will shuttle participants to the Driving Range where assigned carts will be waiting for you with your golf bag
– Call to Carts & Announcements will begin at 9:20am with Shotgun Start planned for 9:30am
FOLLOWING YOUR ROUND:
– Carts will be returned to The Lodge staging area
– Scorecards will be turned in at the scoring area located on the back porch of The Lodge
– Check your raffle ticket numbers on the boards to see if you have won
– Join us for a dine-around luncheon featuring southern fare prepared by the culinary team of The Greenbrier Sporting Club